Honiton Bowls Club opens hoping to welcome new bowlers
- Credit: Archant
Honiton men booked a County Trophy semi-final place where they will face either Dawlish or Madeira, writes Julie Grant.
They defeated Kingsley by six shots with the two winning rinks being the one of Denis Hillyear, Mike Smith, Bill Nicholls and Kevin Lovering, who won 22-14 at home and Steve Coles, Tony Tooley, Malcolm Seaborne and Trevor Pipe, who won 23-19 in the away match.
There was also friendly action for Honiton last week and a 66-59 success against South Petherton, with a top rink of Iris Long, Fenella Griggs, Mike Critchley and Cyril Dann (18-12).
Have you seen bowls on TV? Last weekend saw the final of the World Bowls Tour men’s singles in which 37-year-old Devonian Rob Paxton made an appearance.
Rob is a professional and earned sums of money for playing in the men’s pairs, mixed pairs and singles. He started bowls when young and has been a dedicated player to get to this level. You too could start on this ladder to success. Honiton bowling club is available for you to start on Fridays at 4.30pm, our coaches will be there to help you at no expense, so please do join in.
You may also want to watch:
The club is situated off Streamers Meadows and there is ample parking. We hope to greet you there soon!
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding