Honiton bowls ladies’ four to play in Group Final
The last week was another quiet week for the Honiton Bowls Club with just two friendly matches played, writes Tony Broughton.
The first was a Ladies game away to the Axminster Club with all three rinks winning, the final score being 65-45.
Honiton’s top rink was Ann Brown, Joan Mackintosh, Anne Newman and Julie Grant at 24-13.
The second game was away to the Exonia Club with only one rink winning out of three the match was lost overall.
The winning rink honours went to Tony Williams, Myra Singleton, Harry Riley and Anne Newman at 27-20. It’s nice to see that once again new members are featuring in the winning rinks.
You may also want to watch:
There was a rather shock result in the National Fours Competition when two Honiton rinks had to play off for a place in our Group Finals.
Ann Brown, Marian Vessey, Carol Smith and Julie Grant were matched against Yvonne Rayner, Joan Heard, Carole Binmore and Sue Evans.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Julie’s team could do no wrong and found themselves 21-4 up at one time, but finally the penny dropped for Sue’s team and they allowed the opposition to score only two more shots, but this bird had flown the coup, and she finished up two shots down to Julie at 23-21.
We wish Julie’s team the very best of luck in the Group Finals.