Honiton Bradshaw Bogey joy for Olwen Eaton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies played in their regular Wednesday competition which suffered from overnight rain that made the course conditions slower than of late, writes John Pawley.
However, the course was much greener and it did allow for good scoring as the annual Bradshaw Bogey was contested.
This is match-play against the course, so shots gained cannot be carried forward to the next hole neither can those shots lost – it all evens out in the end.
The winner, with a very good score of plus three was Olwen Eaton, edging Chris Pearce into the runners-up spot on countback.
Henrietta Bradshaw herself was next, on level par, again on countback from Jane Watts with Carol Cole and Penny Blackburn following on with minus one.
You may also want to watch:
The 9-hole stableford competition was won by Jan Lloyd.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis