Honiton C net promotion to top flight in the Over-60s Triples League
- Credit: Archant
The game of bowls maybe played on a level green, but it still has its ups and downs, writes Julie Grant.
Honiton C Over-60 men’s team have been promoted to the Exeter and District league Division 1 for next season, whilst Honiton A are demoted and Honiton B miss promotion from their Division by one place!
In the mixed friendlies there were also wins and losses. Against a touring side from Bush Bowls Honiton lost 100 shots to 135, the only winning rink being that of Yvonne Williams, Daphne Courtney, P Robinson and Gerry Stafrace.
In a four-triples match against Crewkerne, Honiton won 61 to 42, top triple were Bob Mackintosh, June Lee and Mike Critchley 18-8.
Local rivals Feniton claimed victory 81 to Honiton’s 70 our top rink were Yvonne Williams, Rod Issac, Carole Pidgeon and Bill Nicholls 18-17.
You may also want to watch:
A win came when Honiton played Phear Park 72 shots to 64, top rink once again Yvonne Williams, Daphne Courtney with Jimmy smith 25-9.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 How would you feel about giving up your car?