Honiton C stay top of Over-60s Division Two table after derby win
- Credit: Archant
The past week went well for Honiton’s Over-60s men’s C team as they retained their league position at the top of Division Two of the Exeter and District Triples League, writes Julie Grant.
The win, gaining eight points, came against local rivals Sidmouth, 46 to 20; the rink scores were Wally Heard, Ken Clarke, Ken Large (31-8), Mike Dart, Gerry Stafrace, Malcolm Seaborne (15-12). Not such good news for the A team as they lost to Uffculme.
Two mixed friendlies brought Honiton two wins. Against Seaton there was an 82 to 75 shot win, top rink June Lee, Bob Mackintosh, Ken Clarke and Jimmy Smith.
Ken Clarke featured yet again in the win over Torquay Victoria, 70 shots to 66, as he skipped Yvonne Williams, John Munslow and Laraine Carless to a 23 -10 victory.
However, there were mixed fortunes in the East of Exe League as Honiton beat Ottery St Mary 80 shots to 54, winning on all rinks, the best, scoring 24-9 were Carole Pidgeon, Daphne Courtenay, Ken Clarke and Scott Eveleigh. But against Culm Vale Honiton lost 42 shots to 79.
You may also want to watch:
Members are now looking forward to the weekend when the club finals will be played.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op