Honiton CC set for the start of a new league season
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Cricket Club launch their 2014 Francis Clark Devon League season this coming Saturday (May 3), writes Richard Hill.
The club has had an active pre-season with friendlies against Kentisbeare, Ottery St Mary and Seaton.
It’s all change in the captaincy roles this year as experienced club stalwart Rob Ingram
takes over the reins of the 1st XI and rising star Kieran ‘Slab’ Conway assumes
responsibility for the 2nd XI.
You may also want to watch:
Veteran all-rounder Jim Tucker continues at the helm of the Sunday team, while Honiton also run two junior sides, competing in the Under-13 and Under-15
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
Steve Nicholas and Rob Ingram are the respective managers of those teams.
Honiton Cricket Club are grateful to their main club sponsor, Deer Park Country House Hotel, following the building of an excellent relationship in 2013 which featured several events at the hotel as well as the provision of club kit.
The club are also grateful to local businesses providing match day and general sponsorship.
Watch out for the club’s fixture list which will be appearing in windows and notice boards around the town.
The club always welcome new members of any age, gender or ability.
If you would like to join Honiton as a player, umpire, scorer, ground staff
member or simply for the social activities then you can get in touch via the club’s website; www.honiton.play-cricket.com where you will find the club’s email, Facebook and Twitter links.
Alternatively call Andrew Lapping on 07792 2368824.
Newcomers and spectators will be made most welcome at any home match, net session or youth training night at Ottery Moor Lane.
Youth training is usually held on Tuesday evenings, starting at 5.30pm and outdoor nets are held on Wednesday evenings, starting at 6pm.