Honiton created chances to win
Honiton travelled to Totnes this weekend to play Dart 2, who are currently one place above Honiton in the league.
It was a late afternoon match and, unfortunately Honiton were only able to field nine players which made for a difficult task against a strong Dart team.
Despite that, the whole Honiton team worked extremely hard to make this match a close contest.
It was Dart who scored first with an excellent short corner which was taken with great speed to beat Sue Stone in goal.
Honiton did not hold back however, and had several chances at the Dart end.
You may also want to watch:
The midfield players worked very hard to push forward and attack as well as getting back to defend and it was through this support that Honiton's goal came.
Vanessa Trude and Becky Hammett made a great attack up the left wing and put a ball through to Amy Phillips.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 8 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Amy put a well weighted ball through the Dart defence to Sophie George who was able to cut it in from a wide angle behind the Dart goalkeeper.
In the second half, the fading light caused problems for Honiton's defence and Dart were able to score two more goals before play was stopped to await the turning of the lights.
After a brief stoppage play resumed and, whilst Honiton had several attacks, it was Dart who put one more goal over the line.
Whilst the score does not really reflect the chances Honiton had, the team should be very proud of the level of team play they showed this week.
Well done to all, in particular Lucy Le Cocq who was Player of the Match again this week.