Honiton Cricket Club name Adam Holmes as 1st XI Players Player award winner
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Cricket Club celebrated their 2016 season with a presentation night at one of the club’s sponsors, The White Hart Inn in Wilmington.
Chairman Andrew Lapping presented the evening in a season of what could have been, but ultimately one that that had been enjoyed by the players.
Several of the 1st and 2nd X1 awards where closely fought with some to be decided on the last game of the season, but this was unfortunately a washout so the weather had a big say in who won what!
The 1st XI awards saw Pete Matravers land the batting honour and also the Performance award while Adam Holmes landed the Bowling award and also the coveted Players Player award.
Pete Beighton took home the 2nd XI Batting award as well as the Performance honour and, as had been the case in the senior eleven, both the Bowling and Players Player award was won by the same player - Andy Brinsford.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the Sunday XI honours; they went to Michael Docherty (batting), Ben Kidson (bowling) and Kieran Conway (Player of the Sunday XI season).
There were the usual other awards handed out and these went to: Duckman of the Year to Ashley Munt, Unsung Hero to Charlotte Lapping, Champagne Moment to Andrew Lapping and Will Cowley, Youth Player to James Matravers and the person crowned as the overall Honiton CC Player of the Season was Andy Brinsford.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
Special thanks were given to some of the ladies of the club that work hard behind the scenes; Angela Hartnoll, Teresa Lapping, Debbie Broom, Zoe Kidson, Charlotte Lapping and Annette Tucker.