Honiton Del Cup joy for the evergreen Chris Pearce
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton ladies’ section played for the Del Cup, a 36-hole stableford played over two days, writes Ann Desmoulins.
The first 18 holes were played on Wednesday and included a normal Stableford competition.
The greens proved particularly tricky for some as their pace was affected by the work that had been done. But many rose to the occasion anyway with some outstanding scores in all divisions.
The Silver Division winner was Sue Ritchie, who edged Jackie Seager into second on countback after both scored 40 points. Ann Trayling was third on 37.
Bronze One was won by Hilda Hoepelman with 38 points. Second was Chris Luttman with 36 on countback from third, Penny Blackburn.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze Two was won by Susan Hyde with 37 points. The ever-reliable Cathy Pawley, with 36, was second.
Three ladies played nine holes with the winner being new member Sue Langdon.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
The second part of the Del Cup was played on Friday and the overall winner was the evergreen Chris Pearce, with 73 points on countback from the equally evergreen Hilda Hoepelman, who had to settle for the runners-up berth.