Honiton Devils Under-11s richly deserve draw with the Gunners
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Devils Under-11s were good value for a tremendous point they got from a 0-0 draw with an in-form Heavitree Social Gunners.
With limited numbers available there seemed to be a more relaxed tone to the Devils play and they quickly settled into the game. Ewan Evans shone in the early exchanges with some slick work from the role of sweeper and both full-backs, River Leisk and Joe Evans, proved willing workers up and down their respective flanks.
The deadlock was nearly broken in the 20th minute when a slick move started by Lee Pulman sent Elliot Holdsworth away down the right and his cross found Dominic McCreadie Taylor in space, but fierce shot was well saved by the Gunners’ goalkeeper.
In the second half there was plenty of end-to-end football played by both teams. Devils’ skipper Zac Harrison was used as the lone striker and this worked well with Connor Brown and McCreadie-Taylor finding more space than usual, feeding off the hard work from the striker.
Luke Matthews, playing just in front the back three, was strong in the tackle and his fine pass on 52 minutes was received by McCreadie-Taylor who then set up Brown for a shot that was goal bound before being superbly saved by the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
Late on a counter by the Exeter side saw Devils gloves man Richards make a good save.
Connor Brown was awarded the Devils’ Man of the Match honour for his shift that included excellent vision and terrific tackling throughout.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters