Honiton Devils Under-11s undone by Pink Panthers
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Devils Under-11s were beaten 8-1 when they came up against a powerful Exeter side Pink Panthers.
Devils fell a goal behind inside five minutes, but responded well. Ewan Evans, in his sweeper role was solid and skipper Zac Harrison an inspiration in central midfield.
A second goal was conceded before Jai Freemantle and River Leisk created an opening for Sam Foster who saw his shot well saved.
There was more of the same in the second half with Devils forced to defend, something they did well with goal keeper Freddie Richards making some super saves.
Further goals were conceded, but Devils did register one of their own when Dominic McCreadie Taylor provided the assists for striker Connor Brown to rifle the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
Devils’ Man of the Match Joe Evans defended well and fellow defender Luke Matthews also had a fine game.
Devils boss Sean Brown said: “It was always going to be a tough game, as indeed is life in the top division. My boys will be disappointed with their display, as indeed I was, but we will move forward and hopefully learn from this experience.”
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying