Honiton edged out at Bridport in first mixed match of season
- Credit: Archant
The club had a very busy weekend with three Mixed events, writes Andy Wagner.
Saturday saw the playing of the annual Flitch competition - open to married couples only - played as a foursomes stableford.
The prizes, wine and vouchers, were presented by club captain Ron Graham and the winning couple were Olwen and seniors’ captain Bill Eaton with 34 points.
A close second were Jan and John Dickinson with 33 points.
There were no twos carded so each player received one golf ball.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday was the first of the season’s mixed matches, played at bridport.
Eight couples participated and the captain of the day was John Dickinson. Thankfully, the weather was kind and the Bridport course was in very good condition.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
At the end of play the scores were Honiton three-and-a-half to Bridport and West Dorset’s four-and-a-half.
All players then enjoyed an excellent meal and John thanked Bridport for their hospitality and we look forward to the return match later in the season.
Monday was the president’s trophy, played as a foursomes medal which then continues into Knock- Out matchplay event.
The best score of the day was Catherine and Charlie Doherty with 72 nett. In second place were Anne Davies and club president Alex Gosling with 72.5. Once again no twos were carded so this then became a ball draw.