Honiton end the Whimple promotion bid
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ended any hope Whimple had of plying their trade at a higher level next summer when they beat them by eight wickets at Mountbatten Park.
Whimple batted first and were bundled out for just 127 with Brian Cann claiming a five wicket haul for the first time since returning to Honiton at the start of the season.
A superb 93 from Ollie Chave saw the home side to a 20-point success.
The Whimple season has imploded over the past five weeks.
At the midway point of the season they looked odds-on to land, at the very least, a top two finish.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly that is not now going to be the case and they’ll line up again in the D Division (East) next season unless Cullompton fail miserably in their meetings with Upottery this weekend and Chardstock on the final day (August 29).
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 March the target for Point to Point racing