Honiton Founders Day success for foursome
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton Golf Club annual Founders Day trophy competition was contested by 14 teams of four, writes John Pawley.
The team make up was generally one player for each of the senior, ladies’, men’s and youth sections, playing together with two to score, but off three-quarters of the players handicap.
Whilst the novelty of playing off grass and on to proper greens was lost on a few, some creditable scores were made in the sometimes cold conditions.
The winners, on a day of frequent squally showers, were Bill Eaton, Neil Pulman, Spencer Macklin and Carol Cole with a score of 80 points. Second, was the strong teaming of Andy Sharland, Ron Graham, Paul Borkowski and Jackie Seager with 76 points.
Third was close, countback was used to give Steve Key, James Drew, Ian Guy and Anne Davies the nod with their 75 points.
You may also want to watch:
With the second hole fully back in play, three members enjoyed marking a two on their cards; Peter Clarke, Eric Short and Charlie Doherty.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners