Honiton four tackle the Exeter-based Le Tour event
Four Honiton runners took part in the Exeter event Le Tour, writes Judy Davey.
Three disciplines were held over three days with yellow jerseys for the winners of each stage, plus ‘king of the mountains’ and ‘sprint’ jerseys to be won.
The first race was a four lap, 10k route along the River Exe on Friday evening; the second was an 8k trail route around Haldon Forest (the conditions for which were much welcomed by the runners as they saw rain for the first time in weeks!).
The final race was a 5k track race with runners seeded according to their predicted finish times and set off in four separate heats. Graham Reeves (although running for SWRR, but deserving of a mention) finished with a total time of 1.32, Tom Bornet finished well in 1.46, Clare Melbourne in 2.20 and Juliet Hall in 2.26.
There was also the option to take part in just the 10k race which Mark and Anna Andow took up with Mark finishing in 49.11 and Anna in 1.02.
You may also want to watch:
The event was well supported at each stage and runners were awarded with t-shirts, medals and goody bags. Vive le tour!
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery