Honiton foursome enjoy Founders Day Trophy success
- Credit: Archant
The prestigious annual Founders day game is usually played at Honiton in April to coincide with the formation date of our club but this year, due to terrible weather earlier in the year it was moved to now, writes Andy Wagner.
The game is a coming together of all sides of the club - seniors, juniors, men and ladies’, with the competitors organised into teams of four to play a better ball competition with two scores to count.
It’s a terrific day out and a chance to meet new friends, but of course the game is taken seriously with by far the biggest trophy in the cabinet being awarded to the winners.
This year the victorious team were Olwin Eaton, Steve Charlton, Jono Barker and Paul Dimond.
Their 83 point total saw them romp home ahead of second placed Ian Banfield, Jackie Seager, Charlie Doherty and Anna Trayling, who carded a total of 79 points.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Denne, Elizabeth Davies, Bill Eaton and Joan Smith were edged into third after count back.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre