Honiton Friday competition success for Street, Morgan and Jones
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton Friday competition started with some dew on the ground, writes John Pawley.
However, an overall sunny and pleasant day gave the 54 senior golfers playing a Bowmaker the chance to get good scores.
Requiring one to score on the first six holes, then two on the next six, and finally all to score on the last six holes, a score of 72 represented a par round – but some teams fell well short of this!
Some good scores were achieved however, notably the 73 points by the winning team of Chris Street, Dave Morgan and Ron Jones.
George Blake, Tony Proudfoot and Rod Armitage took second with 71 points and third place with 67 were Mike Stroud, Peter Blake and Ashley Murray. The trio of Peter Clarke, Mike Watts and Derek Herrington were fourth with 65.
You may also want to watch:
There were five twos, scored by Mike Watts, Phil Donne-Davis and Steve Blundell on the second and then both Mike Sennitt and John Bevan did similar on the 12th.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis