Honiton Golf Club Bond themed Casino Night is a huge success
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Golf Club staged a real ‘Royale’ experience with no one really making a ‘Spectre’ of themselves at a Bond themed Casino Night, writes John Pawley.
Nobody had ‘A View to a Kill’ but then ‘Tomorrow Never Dies’ and its only ‘Diamonds that Are Forever’.
Over 50 members of the golf club were in the real spirit of the evening, starting their James Bond themed dinner.
The croupiers, Jane and Mike, from the Creme de la Creme Casino of Newton Abbot, operated the Roulette and Black Jack tables with true professionalism.
Each guest received a fun gambling allowance of £20,000. After a couple of hours it came down to a final ‘no more bets please’ on the roulette wheel.
You may also want to watch:
Club captain Julian and Karen Hoyles each used their whole amassed fortune on one final spin of the wheel, one on Red, one on Black. Everyone was watching on tenterhooks as the wheel seemed to spin for ever - congratulations Red - Karen won an incredible amount of £730,000!
Julian Hoyles won best character as Blofeld, including his cat of course.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
Bar manager Andras was shaken in more ways than one - his vodka martinis were said to be wicked! Another example of fun at the golf club, we don’t only do it on the course, and, of course, the captain’s charity benefits.