Honiton Golf Club captain’s Charity Day is a real success
- Credit: Archant
Honiton captain Julian Phillips hosted his Charity Day at the club last weekend, writes John Pawley.
The event was once again sponsored by Westerly BMW of Exeter.
Several gleaming products were on show, but it would seem that sadly none of these were on offer to the winners! Julian’s charity for this year, the Devon Freewheelers, will benefit when all the monies are sorted after the event which attracted a strong field of ladies and youths, as well as the long hitting brigade.
Grateful thanks must go to the volunteers from the ‘Freewheelers’, who provided players with some much needed sustenance with a barbecue at the halfway house.
In all, 128 players participated with a good mix of both members and visiting players. The competition was played in fantastic weather and the runaway winners, with an incredible 50 points, were the pairing of Joan Smith and the very in-form Jason Lovering.
You may also want to watch:
The duo also collected the Mary Goddard Shield for being the highest placed Honiton pair.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery