Tierney’s take the Otter Vale Motor Eclectics
- Credit: Honiton GC
The Honiton Golf Club eclectics are run through the summer months from April 1st to October 31st, and are kindly sponsored by Otter Vale Motor Services.
John Tierney took the honour of the Order of Merit, where the 10 best stableford rounds are added together and with a fine total of 364 points, John was a comfortable winner.
Not to be outdone, brother Mark won the Eclectic Tournament, where you take your best individual hole from each round and Mark finished with a super score of 53, winning by one shot from the chasing pack. Once again, a big thank you to James Spiller for sponsoring the tournament.
Finishing the week off, the Club held a one score to count, Integrated Stableford three-ball. With a whopping 50 points, club Champion Ben Phillips, and no doubt his selected team-mates, Sam Phillips and Cameron Long took the honours.
In second place with an excellent 48 points were Ed Reece, Ian Piper and Alan Piper, while following in third place were Andy Phillips, Dave Chaffee and Martin Hancock with 47 points.
It was a busy week for the ladies section at the club this week, starting off with a friendly match against the ladies at Axe Cliff GC. Sarah Loader, the Honiton Vice Captain led her team in the last friendly match of the year.
Expectations were high with perfect weather conditions and a warm welcome from Anne Jarvis, the Axe Cliff Captain and her team. Axe Cliff were the worthy winners and the game was topped off with scones and a cuppa in the clubhouse. Sarah thanked Axe Cliff for their warm welcome and we look forward to their return match next year at Honiton.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 8 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 9 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 10 Devon charity offering fuel poverty advice and support this winter
Congratulations to all those that took part.
The Ladies Stableford was played on Wednesday and Sue Ritchie won Division 1 with 34 points, beating Katherine de Lacy by two points. Jackie Seager took third place with 31 points. Elizabeth Rogers won Division 2 with 30 points, beating Caroline Bond in a card play-off. Carole Booth followed closely behind in third place with 28 points. Well done to all those that took part.