Honiton golf ladies joy for Pearce, Blackburn and Hyde
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton ladies faced challenging conditions last Wednesday for their Yellow Ball Stableford competition, writes Andy Wagner.
A frozen solid course led to some very unpredictable bounces!
The ladies played in drawn teams of three – one from each of the three division’s, Silver, Bronze One and Bronze Two.
Each player in the team used a yellow ball for one hole in turn starting with the silver player. Two scores counted for each hole with any points scored with the yellow ball counting double, so losing the yellow ball was to be avoided.
Considering the conditions there were some very respectable scores returned.
You may also want to watch:
First place went to the trio of Chris Pearce, Penny Blackburn and Susan Hyde with 114 points. In second were Henrietta Bradshaw, Stephani Barnes and Jan Portlock with 107 points.
The threesome of Jane Watts, Lesley Oxenham and Jan Dickinson, took third spot with 102 points and fourth pace went to Anne Davies and Chris Luttman with 101 points; their score including nine courtesy points for playing as a two.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery