Honiton golfers enjoy weekend of team golf success
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a weekend of Team Golf for the men of Honiton Golf Club, writes John Pawley.
Starting on Saturday with the B team led by Dave Chaffey who had a convincing home win against local rivals Axe Cliff.
This was followed up by the Dartmoor League team who continued their unbeaten run with a narrow 3-2 home victory against Bigbury.
This week the team was captained by club vice captain Julian Netherway. The regular Dartmoor team captain Rob Willey was utilizing his golfing prowess in the County Palairet knock-out as part of the club team playing Borringdon Park at Stover. Unfortunately, the only winners from Honiton were James Spiller and Jake Phillips who finished two up.
However, all credit should go to caddy Max Pipe who ensured James had the correct club.
You may also want to watch:
Both pairings of Mark Tierney and Paul Dimond, and James Drew and Ben Phillips took their matches to the final hole, but the matches for Rob Willey and Stewart Slater and also Peter Clarke and Jeff Peace were not quite so close.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding