Honiton Grannies Cup joy for Joan Smith
- Credit: Archant
Thirty Honiton ladies competed for the Grannies Cup or the Bournemouth Cup (for those who are not grannies) using the stableford format in fine dry conditions, writes Ann Desmoulins.
Consequently, some very good scores were posted. Our final fling of the summer perhaps? The winner of the Grannies Cup, with an outstanding score of 43 points, was Joan Smith.
The Bournemouth Cup was a close contest and had to be settled by countback.
The winner, with 35 points, was Diana Gee.
The stableford scores saw the Silver Division won by Catherine Doherty with 40 points. Second was Linda Blundell on 39 and third was Olwen Eaton, 38. Bronze One was won by Joan Smith (43) with the minor places going to Penny Blackburn (37) and Diana Gee (35).
You may also want to watch:
Bronze Two was won by Sarah Dawe with 36 points on countback from Cathy Pawley (36) while third was Maureen Lawrence (32).
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis