Honiton Grannies Cup win for Linda Blundell
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies competed for one of two cups on offer, writes John Pawley.
The Grannies Cup was contested by those eligible and for those that weren’t, there was the Bournemouth Cup.
Whilst it was a fine day, the autumnal conditions meant that scoring wasn’t high for the two stableford competitions.
The Grannies Cup was won by Linda Blundell with 31 points. Second was Janet Hughes with 29.
The Bournemouth Cup was won by Anne Davies with a score of 32 points with Hilda Hoepleman taking the runners-up slot with a score of 31.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the stableford scoring, the Silver Division winner was Ann Trayling (28), followed home by Sue Ritchie (27).
Bronze One was won by Anne Davies with Hilda Hoepleman second and Bronze Two was won by Jan Portlock (29) with Cherry Liell (25), the runner-up.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
The 9-hole stableford winner was Vera Richardson (16), with Carole Booth next.