Honiton gymnasts impress at high level grading competition
- Credit: Archant
Fifteen members of Honiton Gymnastics Club performed at one of the highest-level grades competitions in the country at Yate international Gymnastics Centre, turning in some credible performances, writes Chris Carson.
The gymnasts, flying the flag for the East Devon town, were all competing at Grade 4 level.
They included a men’s group, two trios, a mixed pair and a men’s pair.
The men’s four, who were competing together for the first time, took first place in their event.
Eight-year-old Max MacDonald took to the competition floor for the first time in his acrobatic gymnastics career, performing alongside experienced competitors Devon Roe-Lavery, Joe Shackleton and Max Sharland.
You may also want to watch:
The group entertained the crowd and look set to have a strong future together as a partnership.
Bronze medals were brought home by men’s pair Dan Slator and Oliver Love. The experienced partnership continued their successful streak, which has included medals at a number of recent competitions.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
In an extremely competitive tournament, which had more thean 20 partnerships in many categories, Honiton Gymnastics Club achieved the following results:
Men’s four: 1st place - Max Macdonald, Devon Roe-Lavery, Joe Shackleton and Max Sharland,
Men’s Pair:, 3rd place - Dan Slator and Oli Love .
Mixed Pair: 6th place: - Dan Slator and Emily Mungovan,
Women’s Trio: 8th - Blackmore, Olivia Wootton and Isla Eynon.
Women’s Trio:13th - Evie Roberts, Christiana Wilson and Jess Downs.
Women’s Pair: 24th - Kalani Dale and Sasha Bailey.
The Honiton gymnasts are set to compete again, in five weeks’ time, again at Yate International Gymnastics Centre.
They will be taking part in the South West Prelims, where they will be joined by another 50 Honiton gymnasts.
Winners of the South West Prelims will then go through to the national finals in Stoke, while second and third place teams will go on to compete at the Inter-regional finals which are being held in Southampton.
Contact the Honiton Gymnastics Club at : email@example.com or www.honitongymclub.org