Honiton Handicap Trophy triumph for Cathy Uttley
- Credit: Archant
On yet another wonderfully sunny day – it seems to go on and on – 33 ladies battled it out for the Handicap Trophy, postponed from early July when play was suspended due to bad weather and poor visibility!
Scoring was not as good as might have been expected, perhaps due to some rain earlier in the week, which made club selection a bit different from what we had grown used to in recent weeks.
Nevertheless, some very good scores were posted, none more so than by Cathy Uttley who won the trophy with a nett 70.
Silver Division winner was Cathy Uttley, 2nd Sue Ritchie nett 72, 3rd Elizabeth Ward nett 73.
Bronze One winner was Lesley Farley with nett 72, 2nd Lesley Oxenham nett 74, Diana Gee nett 78.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze Two winner was Susan Hyde with nett 76, 2nd Danusia White nett 80, 3rd Pam Knibb nett 87.
Six ladies played the 9-hole competition with a welcome return to the course by Anne Davies, who won with 14 points.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon