Honiton Handicap Trophy triumph for Cathy Uttley
- Credit: Archant
On yet another wonderfully sunny day – it seems to go on and on – 33 ladies battled it out for the Handicap Trophy, postponed from early July when play was suspended due to bad weather and poor visibility!
Scoring was not as good as might have been expected, perhaps due to some rain earlier in the week, which made club selection a bit different from what we had grown used to in recent weeks.
Nevertheless, some very good scores were posted, none more so than by Cathy Uttley who won the trophy with a nett 70.
Silver Division winner was Cathy Uttley, 2nd Sue Ritchie nett 72, 3rd Elizabeth Ward nett 73.
Bronze One winner was Lesley Farley with nett 72, 2nd Lesley Oxenham nett 74, Diana Gee nett 78.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze Two winner was Susan Hyde with nett 76, 2nd Danusia White nett 80, 3rd Pam Knibb nett 87.
Six ladies played the 9-hole competition with a welcome return to the course by Anne Davies, who won with 14 points.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled