Honiton Harriers Under-9s round off season with clean sheet Lympstone success
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Harriers 2-0 Lympstone Honiton Harriers Under-9s were deserving of this clean sheet success in an Exeter and District Youth League match.
The Lympets were first to create a gilt edged scoring chance, but Harriers gloves man Isaac Lidster made a fine save.
After the break the end-to-end nature of the contest continued until the deadlock was broken. Mason Doble broke free from his marker only to see his shot cannon back off the frame of the goal, but it fell to Ashton Beck and he tucked it home!
Lympstone responded well, but got little change out of the impressive Harry Smith at the heart of the Harriers defence.
The victory was sealed when Beck beat two players to finish well.
You may also want to watch:
Tyler Pendrick was named the Harriers Man of the Match.
Harriers manager Garry Osborne said: “Today we were outstanding as a team with great passing and hard work. We have actually been producing this sort of performance since Christmas. Everyone has played apart and for us to end the season with two wins is testament to the hard work the players have all put in.”
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding