Honiton Harriers Under-9s see off Hemyock thanks to Cowley brace
- Credit: Archant
West Hill Wasps 2, Honiton Harriers 0 Hemyock 1, Honiton Harriers 3 A goal in each half consigned Harriers Under-9s to a narrow defeat.
Tyler Pendrick and Harry Smith kept things tight in midfield before the break and Jack Bevan and Isaac Lidster did likewise in the second half.
Harriers then to on Hemyock and bagged an early lead with a great strike by Jack Cowley after a slide-rule Liam Osbourne pass. Before the break Hemyock levelled. Cowley restored the Harriers lead before the points were secured with a superb goal!
Jack Bevan made a tremendous tackle to start a counter-attack. Osbourne took the ball on and, when he found the industrious Mason Doble he made no mistake.
Jack Cowley got the Man of the Match award after his fine goalkeeping in game one and goals in game two.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Garry Osborne said: “Confidence has been low in the last couple of games, but they have kept working hard and the team should be proud of themselves as I am with the way there have dealt with a difficult couple of weeks.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West