Honiton Hawks impress in matches against Sidmouth teams
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Hawks Under-9s produced some excellent rugby – and results – when they entertained near neighbours Sidmouth on Sunday morning.
The Hawks had a few absentees this week, which left them with a squad of 11 players - Archie Trott, Arran Hansford, Byron Chalmers, Harry Evans, Harry Haysom, Kyle Moore, Liam Webber, Logan Symons, Luke Devin, Mason Peek and Taylor Prettejohn. Unfortunately, a training injury to Mason Peek meant that he had to pull out during the warm-up, which left them with 10 players fit to play.
Sidmouth had sufficient numbers and kindly loaned the Hawks two players to enable two teams of six to be fielded, who each played a pair of games.
So far this season, the Hawks have had opposition of differing standards and at differing stages of their development, which is no surprise given that the boys are learning their new tackling skill and technique.
It was clear from this latest action that the Hawks are a bit further on in their development than their Sidmouth counterparts and this was evidenced in them comfortably winning all four of the games, securing 8-2, 10-3, 8-1 and 7-2 successes.
You may also want to watch:
Next Sunday (November 12), Hawks can expect a tougher test away at Exeter Chiefs youth.
Coach Steve Haysom says: “Games in previous seasons against the Chiefs lads have been competitive and very closely fought affairs and I am sure these forthcoming meetings will be just the same.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband