Honiton Hawks impress on visit to Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Hawks Under-9s made the short trip to East Devon neighbours Exmouth for their latest Sunday morning action.
Due to the recent inclement weather, like a lot of venues, the main pitch at Exmouth was unplayable and the game was switched to the 3G pitch at Exmouth Community College.
The Hawks travelled with a squad of eight players: Arran Hansford, Harry Haysom, Harry Evans, Kyle Moore, Liam Webber, Logan Symons, Miles Salter and Taylor Prettejohn.
Hawks, as they have done all season, played well and their greater tackling intensity restricted Exmouth’s try scoring opportunities.
This, coupled with their excellent handling, ball retention, passing and offloading in attack, led to good wins in both of their contests.
You may also want to watch:
The Hawks Best Effort award went to Miles Salter, who is new to the team this season. He has played with great enthusiasm both in training and matches all season and today was arguably his best performance so far.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott