Honiton Hawks U11s launch season at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Hawks Under 11’s made the short trip to Sidmouth on Sunday morning for their first outing of the season after a month of training.
The Hawks have been recruiting during the summer and welcomed new players George Shepherd and Ruby Lane into the team.
In addition Mason Peek and Evan Lowman have returned after a year away.
They joined Arran Hansford, Charlie Wheeler, Elliot Arscott, Harry Evans, Harry Haysom, Kyle Moore, Liam Webber, Logan Symons, Miles Salter and Will Parris in a squad of 14.
As Sidmouth had similar numbers a 40 minute game of two 20 minute halves was played with rolling substitutions.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the understandable rustiness in some of the play, both teams contributed to an entertaining game.
The Hawks made the faster start and thanks to stronger defence and intensity at the breakdown lead by four tries to nil at half-time.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
Sidmouth then fought back well in the second half, however the Hawks managed to always keep their noses in front and eventually won by eight tries to six.