Honiton Hawks Under-10s make winning start to new season
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Hawks Under-10s made the short trip to Sidmouth on Sunday morning for their first outing of the season after a month of training.
The Hawks boys have been working hard in training, adding three new elements to their game: rucking, mauling and a three-player scrum.
They went to Sidmouth with a squad of 11 players - Archie Trott, Arran Hansford, Byron Chalmers, Charlie Wheeler (making his debut), Harry Evans, Harry Haysom, Liam Webber, Logan Symons, Miles Salter, Taylor Prettejohn and Will Parris.
Unfortunately, an injury picked up in training has ruled Kyle Moore out for the whole of October.
As Sidmouth had a squad of 16, two 8-a-side games with rolling substitutions were played.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams contributed to an entertaining morning of rugby. The Hawks won a close first game by five tries to four and followed this up with an easier 5-1 win over the other Sidmouth team.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery