Honiton Hawks Under-8s unbeaten in meetings with Chard and Thornbury teams
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Hawks Under-8s emerged from a morning of four games against opposition from Chard and Thornbury with three wins and a draw.
The three clubs opted for a tri-way series of matches and Honiton Hawks, once again with excellent numbers, split their dozen boys into two teams of six.
The team of Archie Trott, Harry Evans, Kyle Moore, Liam Webber, Logan Symons and Taylor Prettejohn won their opening game, beating Thornbury by the odd score in 11.
Logan Symons and Taylor Prettejohn both scored a brace of tries with Archie Trott and Kyle Moore scoring one each.
Hawks then saw off Chard 7-2 with two tires each for Harry Evans, Logan Symons and Taylor Prettejohn. Kyle Moore grabbed the other try.
You may also want to watch:
The other Hawks team of Arran Hansford, Freddie Dickason, Hamish Terry, Harry Haysom, Luke Devin and Will Parris, took on the two Thornbury sides and won the first game 6-4.
Arran Hansford helped himself to a hat-trick, Hamish Terry scored a brace and there was a try for Harry Haysom.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
The final game ended in a 7-all draw with Harry Haysom scoring a hat-trick of tries. Arran Hansford bagged a brace and there was a try each for Freddie Dickason and Hamish Terry.
Logan Symons won the ‘Best Effort of the Day’ award for a fine all-round performance with four tries and some great tagging in defence.