Honiton Hippo Calf success for Charlie Arnold
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton Running Club (HRC) Calf is open to youngsters of nine years and over and is approximately one-and-three-quarter miles in length, although younger children are allowed if they run with an adult, writes Judy Davey.
It follows the same route as the Hippo until coming out of Combe Woods when the Calf runners are sent back to base. This year it was decided that the river was too deep and fast for them so they were directed back on the road.
HRC’s own Charlie Arnold won the race in 11 minutes 48 seconds with Ben Perry of Axe Valley Runners coming second in 12:24 and HRC’s Finn Upsher finishing third in 12:44.
The first girl back was Libby Hockridge in 13:41 and the second girl was HRC’s Jemima Daly, who came eighth overall in 14:16. She was followed just 17 seconds later by the third girl home, Hannah Carr.
Other juniors running for HRC included: Jake Johnson, fourth, 13:05 (1st U13B); Alfie Gibbins, fifth, 13:08; Piper Leisk, 14th, 15:56; Oliver Fountain, 15th, 16:08; Skye Symons, 17th, 16:33; Lara Turnham, 24th, 18:11 (1st U16G); Emma Pollard, 26th, 18:22.
You may also want to watch:
There were younger HRC junior members running for their primary school team. The winning primary school this year was Sherwell Valley.
Thanks to everyone for supporting the run and those who helped, including marshals and cake makers and especially the landowners for allowing all those feet to trample their ground.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
Honiton’s next event is the Ottery 10k, which takes place on May 13. For more information, visit www.honitonrc.com