Honiton Hornets awards - Margaret Williams Chairman’s Cup win for Jackie Pinn
- Credit: Archant
At their recent annual Awards Dinner, Honiton Hornets Hockey Club presented their new Margaret Williams Chairman’s Cup for the first time.
The trophy was given to the club in honour of the late Mags Williams, a founder member of the club, chairman and umpire.
The trophy was presented by Mags’ daughter Ali Davey, herself a past player and captain of the club.
The first recipient of the trophy, chosen by the current chairman for her services to the club, was Jackie Pinn. Jackie played and umpired alongside Mags for many years and is their current and much valued umpire.
Other recipients of the trophies were: Top goalscorer - Katrina Tucker; Player’s Player - Katrina Tucker; Club Member - Amy Phillips; Most improved - Abi Glinn; Most promising - Chiara Charteris; Young player - Katrina Tucker; Senior player - Kathryn Empson; Calamity Jane - Kathryn Empson
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Hornets will start training again in early September.
In the meantime they are hosting a Ladies’ Hockey World Cup Final afternoon on Sunday, August 5, at Honiton Rugby Club – all welcome to come along and watch the final with them.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon