Honiton indoor bowlers in good form
- Credit: Archant
Honiton indoor bowlers had a successful past week, writes Julie Grant.
Coping with Budleigh’s carpet, which is so different to Honiton’s, is, an itself, something of an achievement and the ladies who played in the first game of the Wednesday Budleigh Triples League, scored a victory against a Budleigh team.
So, well done, to Yvonne Williams, Berry Maynard and Rita Barwick, winning 27-8.
There was also a friendly for the ladies and again the opposition was Budleigh with the fixture played at Honiton who won by 41 shots to 25.
The top Honiton rink was the one of Yvonne Williams, new member Chris Barradell, Laraine Carless and Gail Hawke, who won 22-7.
You may also want to watch:
In mixed friendly away at Axminster, Honiton won on two rinks and lost on one. The top Honiton rink being the one of Barrie Singleton, Dave Young, Ron Rogers and Gail Hawke, who won 21-11.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone