Honiton indoor captains make winning start to new season
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton indoor season began with the two captains Tony and Yvonne Williams playing on winning rinks, writes Julie Grant.
Unfortunately for Tony, his men’s team lost heavily 94 shots to 61 in the friendly match against the ladies.
Yvonne was on the top rink with Gloria Randall, Tracy Lambert and Julie Grant (34-6).
Tony, with Ian McKenzie, Mike Critchley and Peter Baker did win 23-17 and then, later in the week, the men had a star baker as Peter Baker was, once again top rinker in the selected ladies versus men match. In this competitive game the men got their revenge and won easily by 100 shots to 52, winning on 3 rinks and drawing on one.
The men’s top rink were Alan Fuller, Malcolm Seaborne, Terry House and Peter star Baker (30-9), the best of the ladies, drawing 16 all were Ann Brown, Ann Hillyear, Heather Chambers and Julie Grant.
You may also want to watch:
In the two mixed friendlies Honiton started the season well winning at home and away. Against Ottery St Mary Honiton won 101 shots to 57, top rink Di Hawkins, Tony Williams, Jimmy Smith and Rita Barwick (31-10). Away at Exonia Honiton won 53 shots to 51, equal top rinks were Myra Singleton, Bob Mackintosh, Judith Broom and Heather Chambers (25-17), Yvonne Williams, Richard Bland, Tony Williams and Margaret Bright (21-13).
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott