Honiton ladies Children in Need competition joy for trio
- Credit: Archant
Last weeks’ action was the annual fun competition in support of Children in Need, writes Ann Desmoulins.
A shotgun start had the ladies wondering if the competition would go ahead at all given the recent weather.
However, the weather relented and in spite of the very wet conditions on the course, most of the 18 holes were played in sunshine.
A three-ball better ball stableford with two scores to count was the format of the day with partners drawn (one from each division where possible, although there were some dubious combinations!).
The winning threesome was the trio of Henrietta Bradshaw, Sheila Palmer and Olwen Eaton with 70 points, and the best front nine holes was achieved by Lesley Oxenham, Sue Kelson and Tricia Swindell with 37 points.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds, including a bucket collection in the clubhouse afterwards raised a great total of £162 which was donated to Children in Need.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery