Honiton ladies Del Cup Silver Division joy for Olwen Eaton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies played part one of the Del Cup, an 18-hole Stableford competition which had previously been postponed due to bad weather, writes Ann Desmoulins.
The second 18 holes has been rescheduled for a date in October. Again the weather did its best to disrupt proceedings which meant that the early starters did get wet, but with improving conditions.
The greens in particular were very difficult to gauge as there was a lot of water just under the surface not visible to the players, making putting very tricky. In spite of this there were one or two very good scores.
Taking first place in the Silver Division was Olwen Eaton with 35 points. Second was Henrietta Bradshaw 31, edging Jackie Seager into third on countback after she also carded a score of 31.
The Bronze One winner was ladies captain Janet Hughes with 36 points. Second was Lesley Farley with 32 and Penny Blackburn took third spot with 30 points.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze Two was won by Cathy Pawley with 29 points and second was Cherry Liell, 25.
The nine-hole stableford was won by Linda Northover with 15 points with Catherine Hunt taking second spot with 12.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis