Honiton ladies enjoy a second year of success at Sidmouth.
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies completed the double by winning the Spears Trophy at Sidmouth for a second year running, writes Julie Grant.
Carol Armitage, Lynda Dommett, Dulcie Broughton and Carol Smith were the team who won the trophy once again and the trio thoroughly enjoyed a sunny afternoon of bowling. The 12 teams competing were also treated to a lovely tea by the Sidmouth ladies.
Sadly, there was less success elsewhere in the past week with Honiton’s mixed teams losing 73-68 to Seaton and 73-51 to Exonia.
The top Honiton tink at Seaton was the one of Carol Stafrace, Barry Singleton and Mike Critchley who won 20-12.
In the men’s Over-60s Triples League, Honiton A had an exciting, but close, 37-36 win over Phear Park B and the top triple was the one of Bill Nicholls, Tony Williams and Gerry Stafrace, with a 24-12 success.
You may also want to watch:
The Charity Day held at the club raised over £240 for Hospiscare. The bowlers all dressed up to celebrate the theme of ‘All our yesterdays’, before enjoying a tea of spam sandwiches together with jelly and blancmange!
Taster sessions of bowling continue on Mondays from 6.30pm. All equipment is provided and it’s very much open house. So, if bowling ios something you’d like to try why not get along to the club.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts