Honiton ladies march on towards the Yetton Trophy.
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies march on towards Yetton Trophy glory, writes Julie Grant.
Having won the Plate competition last year, another England title is the aim for 2016.
Having resoundingly beaten Plymouth 91-53 by winning on all four rinks, Honiton ladies are now one of the final 16 clubs in the country, with the next round scheduled for January 30.
In other Honiton action, the Lane ladies enjoyed an overall win against Plymouth thanks mainly due to the winning triple of Carol Armitage, Tilly Tillier, and Heather Chambers (26-8).
In mixed friendlies Honiton won on and lost one. They were generous to Exonia who won 84-69, but with a Honiton winning rink of Yvonne Williams, Bob Mackintosh, Thelma Flynn and Bill Nicholls (28-1).
You may also want to watch:
In a meeting with Ottery St Mary, Honiton won 80-52. Here the top rink was the one of Di Hawkins, Liz Fielding, Tony Williams and Pat Whitworth.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott