Honiton ladies Mason A side make progress
The ladies Mason A side have pulled off another good win, this time against the Exeter, Exonia Club, writes Tony Broughton.
At home, Berry Maynard, Dulcie Broughton, Carol Smith and Julie Grant won convincingly 25-12 and away Jean Mitchell, Marian Vessey, Ann Hillyear and Pearl Hackwood won 17-13.
The Mason is a national ladies over-60 double rink competition.
This side now go forward to the fourth round (the last 16 nationally) and will play Plymouth A who were 46-26 winners over Madeira B in the last round.
The Honiton men played an Interclub League match against the Isca Silver side.
You may also want to watch:
The two home teams where Ken Clarke, Denis Hillyear, Malcolm Seaborne and Eddie Sharman who lost by six shots and Liam Crawford, Ray Gregory, Kieran Daniels and Kevin Lovering won by three.
In the away part of the match Wally Heard, Keith Parsons, Gareth Mettam and Trevor Pipe lost by 12 shots but no fewer than eight of those were lost on one end!
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Peter Baker, Roger Binmore, Tony Tooley and Steve Dommett had a very much tighter match and do manage to hold a six shot lead at one stage before Isca skip Chris Edwards battled back, holding three shots on the last end to draw. With his last bowl of the game Dommett removed one of these and Edwards could not replace it so Honiton won by a single shot!
Two wins and two losses give’s Honiton four points, but the extra points for the win go to Isca.