Honiton ladies medal joy for Ann Trayling
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies played their first medal competition of the season in midweek, writes John Pawley.
With just the one temporary green, it was played as a qualifier.
In deteriorating weather conditions most of the 14 members who entered got rather wet.
Despite this Ann Trayling showed her class, as one of the two Silver players who participated, and returned a great score of 74. Of the seven Bronze One players, only two were in the frame - Ann Desmoulins with her 80 and Gill Johnson with her 83.
Five Bronze Two players entered with Susan Hyde leading with her 85 followed by Jan Portlock with her 87.
You may also want to watch:
All these scores reflected how difficult it was in the rain.
Eight ladies played just the nine holes – very wise in the circumstances.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax