Honiton ladies Open competition victory for Exeter ladies
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies contested the second Ladies Open competition of the year, writes Liz Rogers.
As usual, it was a very popular event and 114 players, from 20 clubs in Devon, Dorset and Somerset, took part.
The format was a 321 competition with three scores to count on the first six holes, two scores on the next six holes and one score on the final six holes.
The winners with 72 points were Viv Worthington, Mary Fox and Shirley Mason from Exeter.
A very attractive prize table had an unusual Christmas theme - 170 shopping days to go!
You may also want to watch:
The caterers had also provided an excellent buffet and the Captain’s Charity Hut at the 11th tee were supplying home made scones to keep the spirits up between the showers.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis