Honiton ladies out bowl South Dorset Bowling Association
- Credit: Archant
Honiton’s mixed friendly fortunes continued last week as they claimed two more wins, writes Julie Grant.
Both home fixtures were won last week, a good victory over South Dorset Bowling Association, 81-57, with a top rink of June Lee, Elizabeth Fielding, Tony Williams and Ted Cox, 33-12.
A much closer success came against Donyatt by just one shot, top triple Yvonne Williams, Di Morley and Roger Binmore.
The ladies have faired less well in their friendly away at Madeira, although Yvonne Williams scored yet another top rink place! Honiton lost 50-78, top rink with Yvonne were Myra Singleton, Phyllis Milner and Rita Barwick, 24-14.
In the national Over-60 ladies Mason Trophy Honiton beat ISCA with their A team but lost to another ISCA double rink with their B team.
You may also want to watch:
Top winning rinks in both matches played at home and were, for the A team Rosemary Hirons, Carol Armitage, Heather Chambers and Brenda Harris, for the B team were Judith Broom, Carole Pidgeon, Ann Hillyear and Carol Smith.
An Open Evening is coming up at the club, anytime 5-8pm on Friday October, 30,
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Free coaching and help, all equipment provided plus refreshments, all ages welcome.