Honiton ladies section joy for Eaton and Hughes
- Credit: Archant
In glorious weather, the Honiton ladies’ competed in the Ping competition, writes Liz Rogers.
The format for the day was betterball, played in pairs off three-quarter handicap.
Two pairs scored 36 points, but the winners on countback were lady captain Olwen Eaton and Janet Hughes.
The runners-up were Tricia Swindell and Jacqui Seager.
Stephani Barnes and Liz Wood took the final place with 30 points.
You may also want to watch:
The first ladies’ Open of the season took place in very favourable weather conditions.
A total of 132 ladies, representing 29 clubs, competed in teams of three in a stableford competition.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
The visitors really enjoyed playing the course and the prize table looked stunning with genuine Radley bags to be won by the leading teams.
The captain’s charity hut at the 11th tee proved very popular with refreshments and home made scones.