Honiton ladies section joy for Eaton and Hughes
- Credit: Archant
In glorious weather, the Honiton ladies’ competed in the Ping competition, writes Liz Rogers.
The format for the day was betterball, played in pairs off three-quarter handicap.
Two pairs scored 36 points, but the winners on countback were lady captain Olwen Eaton and Janet Hughes.
The runners-up were Tricia Swindell and Jacqui Seager.
Stephani Barnes and Liz Wood took the final place with 30 points.
You may also want to watch:
The first ladies’ Open of the season took place in very favourable weather conditions.
A total of 132 ladies, representing 29 clubs, competed in teams of three in a stableford competition.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
The visitors really enjoyed playing the course and the prize table looked stunning with genuine Radley bags to be won by the leading teams.
The captain’s charity hut at the 11th tee proved very popular with refreshments and home made scones.