Honiton ladies section success for Elizabeth Ward
- Credit: Archant
The latest ladies section meeting saw the format being the dreaded medal, with the hot sunny weather and drinks on the Clubhouse balcony, there was a definite Mediterranean holiday feel to the play and that was reflected in the scores, writes Andy Wagner.
In Silver Division Elizabeth Ward, who, to be fair, never seems to be hindered by the weather, was once again top with a net 74 (count back).
Chris Pearce, back on form, took second place, also with 74 (countback) and Diana Gee was third with net 76.
In Bronze One Division Sharon Dacre was in first place with a terrific score of net 72.
Second place went to Linda Northover with net 75 and third spot was claimed by Linda Blundell with net 76.
You may also want to watch:
Ann Desmoulins finished fourth with net 77.
The winner of Bronze Two Division was Julie Eyles and she also had the best overall score with magnificent net 71 while Jan Portlock was second with net 83.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre