Honiton ladies share Lane League honours with Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Honours ended even when Honiton ladies met Plymouth in their latest Lane League county competition fixture, writes Joan Mackintosh.
In what was a close contest from first wood to last, the final score was one of 74-all and so both teams bank five points for their considerable efforts.
However, in the Foxlands County meeting with the ladies of Madeira it was the Exmouth team who won the match, claiming a 90 shots to 58 success. That left Madeira taking eight points and Honiton two.
The top Honiton rink proved to be the one of B Maynard, A Hillier, M Vessy and D Morley, who won 19-17.
The ladies were also in action when they met a strong Torquay United side in the county-wide Top Club competition.
You may also want to watch:
The opposition won by four disciplines to one with the only Honiton success coming in the four-wood singles in which Carol Binmore took the honours, coming through in what was a nail-biting finish to win 21-20.
There were also a couple of mixed friendlies played during the past week. The first was against Nomads and this resulted in a Honiton win by 80 shots to 75. The top rink was the one of J Broom, D Hawkins, B Mackintosh and G Osborne, who won 26-21.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
The other mixed friendly saw Honiton make the short trip to Budleigh Salterton where they defeated the home side by 46 shots to 34. The top performing Honiton rink at Budleigh was the one E Richardson, F Dart, M Bright and G Osborne, who won 30-16.