Honiton ladies success for Cathy and Heather
- Credit: Archant
There were a dozen pairs of ladies that braved the wind to contest a three-club meeing, on an otherwise fine dry day to play in a 14-hole greensomes sdtableford competiiton, writes Ann Desmoulins.
Although the course was very wet in parts some good scores were posted.
The winners were the pairing of Cathy Pawley and Heather Clarke (always likely winners) with a score of 25 points.
Second place was taken by Vera Richardson and Stephani Barnes, who scored 23 points and third were Brenda Hyde and Chris Pearce, who scored 22.
Fourth placed were Carole Booth and Chris Major.
You may also want to watch:
There were no entries for the 9-hole competition.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis