Honiton ladies success for Jackie Seager
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies found for their latest meeting that, with the very dry weather continuing, there were not the normal hazards present on the course, as was indicated by the very good scores posted, writes Ann Desmoulins.
The competition was the stableford qualifier for the Warren Crocus event hosted later in the year by The Warren Golf Club.
The trophy for this was originally donated by The Warren member Mrs Sheelah Creasy – well known for the Sheelah Creasy Bowl, competed for by clubs throughout the county on a league basis for their Bronze players.
In Silver Division, the winner was Jackie Seager, who is also the club chairman, with 38 points.
Second was Heather Clarke with 37 and third, with a score of 36, was Janet Hughes.
You may also want to watch:
The Bronze One winner was lady captain Liz Rogers with an outstanding 43 points. She took the honours on countback with Linda Blundell having to settle for second place. Joan Smith, with a score of 37, was third.
The Bronze Two winner was Linda McLaughlin with 37 points. Second and third were determined by countback with Susan Hyde taking second and Cathy Pawley edged into third after both players scored 35.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Needless to say, with such good scoring, there were a number of handicap reductions.